Tuesday, July 29, 2008

stay frosty

Photobucket


What is it about a piece of art, be it literature, painting, film or any other medium, that makes it timeless? Aliens is a movie that is just as good to me today as it was when I was in 7th grade and watching my favorite parts over and over again. I can still recite almost every line in the same inflection and tone as the actors. The effects still look pretty damn great. Even the score still holds up to the test of time. Every time I open a book or sit down to watch a film I’m hoping for an experience like the one I got the first time I saw Aliens. Of course it hardly ever happens, but I still have hope..

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG
This is one of my
fave movies of all time
I was just talking about it
today - telling someone how timeless it is!

I couldn't have written it better

"Every time I open a book or sit down to watch a film I’m hoping for an experience like the one I got the first time I saw Aliens."

- I have said this so many times!!


you should check out
Jim Smash on my links
he's alien obsessed...

Anonymous said...

I watch this movie over and over. It's sooo good!